Bookmark & Amp; Share

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Forget What you Got -Seek only what you can keep

Amen to understanding that everything we think we "own" here on earth is just a temporary loan from God our maker and Provider of ALL things. As I entered my Mission here in the Baltic, and prepare for the Russian mission I received word that my old 1996 Ford Ranger had been towed off. I liked that old truck - bad transmission and all. But every morning I would get in it and it started up. I would then say "Thank You God for giving me one more driving Day,"

I am not worried at all because many times in my life God has provided where there seemed to be no hope of provision. Nothing we do can help. We must believe that, as Jesus Promised,in John 10:10 "I have come that they may have life and have it to the full." I firmly believe these words, so I cannot feel anguish over an old truck. I read Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always [i.e. in good and bad times]..6:" Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petirion, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the Peace of God, which trncends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ jesus."

And I always share the following with my students, ver 8:"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble,whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy---think about such things.9 Whatever you have learned or received from me, or seen in me---put into practice. [sic- for it comes not from me but the Holy Spirit] And the God of Peace will be with you."

We come into this world naked and with nothing in our pockets-- no pockets. We leave behind all God has allowed us to use while here.

Solomon had more than any person could want on earth, but he declared it all to be meaningless- temporal.

Ecclesiastes 2

24 A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, 25 for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment? 26 To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Therefore, everything comes from God, but nothing is really ours, so why fret and wory over material goods. These things come and go, and on the deathbed they are probably the last thing on our mind.

The only thing we can hold onto in this world are relationships. Having a personal relationship with God and being able to speak with Jesus daily is why God created us. Love people and the God who created you and gave you life; not things. Invest in all that will live on and on ; not what you must leave here on earth! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment